Friday, September 19, 2008

My miracle McBaby

well I am VERY happy to let you know that our news today was good news! Needless to say this week has totally wiped me out. After getting home from the DR today I crashed and slept for 3 hours. I don't do that. I do not take naps anymore so I was very drained. The Dr today said it was not Mastocytosis.

Today was a very strange day. This morning I got Keelin up and then got the baby and put her in the car and I took Keelin to school. When me and Kinsey got back she was just then waking up and that's when I noticed it. She had NO RASH. NONE. NOTHING. NOT ONE SPOT. She has not been like that in 2months. Her skin was perfect. Just like it was when she was a little baby. I swear it is a miracle. I did give her a small dose of the medication the er gave me early last night. But still, GONE? can you believe it? It has never, ever, ever disappeared. Even on the steroids it was never gone. all the prescription creams and benadryl. And today she is perfect. So that is why the Dr said no way mastocytosis. It never completely goes away. He thinks that it has something to do with her immunizations that she got at her 1 year check up. That is the day this all started. He said basically that she had a severe reaction to the vaccines and we never were able to fix it. The benadryl was just keeping it down and steroids doing kind of the same thing. Her system needs to be inundated with a heavy dose of antihistamines. We almost need to overwhelm her with it. Then slowly eventually we should be able to ease off of it. We might have to do the steroids again(I hope not baby roid rage is no fun!). But whatever. We are sooooooooo happy. My house was crazy happy this evening, we were giddy. Even Shawn, maybe especially Shawn. It was a great heart swelling night.

Thank you to everyone that sent prayers Kinsey's way. Shawn and I think that was the major part in this whole thing. I mean look at her today. Yes she had one small dose of the medication but so what? It couldn't have done this alone. The Dr even doubled the dosage for the rest of the time we are on it. So anyway I am so thankful for everyone that got busy yesterday praying for my little mcbaby.

Not to be debbie downer or anything but what do I do about her 15 month vaccinations?? I am very perplexed about this.

I am posting a picture of the little miracle rash baby so you can see the difference between what has been our everyday, which is the pictures I already posted and then what is today.








You can really only see the fading bruises and that is pretty much it! Even on our good days she had the rash somewhere and by evening it would be full blown horrible. But it has never looked like this!

3 comments:

Sloane said...

I am so glad that all turned out well. I look forward to meeting Kinsey one day soon.

Erin said...

Sweet McBaby! God is good!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

God is SOOOOO GOOD! That's the Kinsey I remember! I'm so glad for you guys. Maybe things will get a bit easier for you guys now!!!