Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Yucky Sun


My sister is so funny she calls my family the Addams family. I think that is the funniest thing. What she is referring to is the fact we hate the summer and we are slightly depressed when spring comes cause that means summer is just around the corner. We prefer cloudy cold days. When I wake up in the morning and see no sun and its a cloudy day I feel invigorated and excited about the day. And whats even better is when its cold. Some of my favorite pictures, painting etc are of winter. When the trees are bare and there is white snow on the ground and no sun. I think those are beautiful. I honestly do. It looks calm, clean and relaxing. Like you can breathe. I remember when I was in the 4th grade my friend told me there was something really wrong with me and maybe I needed to see a dr because I hate the sun. She was so mad at me and disgusted. Funny. I think some of it has to do with my eyes. I have REALLY light sensitive eyes. I HAVE to wear sunglasses even on cloudy days. Sometimes it is dark enough I don't have to. And there are times I am in a restaurant or mall and its too bright with the sun coming in from the windows I have to put sunglasses on. I am sure people think I am thinking I am too cool for school but it just a necessity. Otherwise I run the risk of a headache or even worse a migraine. the other thing I think it has to do with is my EXTREME hatred for heat. I hate the heat I cant stand it. It makes me cranky, tired, beat down, depressed, sick. I mean it really makes me feel ill. When people come to my house they joke they need to bring a jacket. I keep it really cold. We also run fans on top of the ac. Even in winter I still have my ceiling fan on in my room. I like the way cold air feels on my face. In winter I rarely use a coat. I love winter clothes. I love sweatshirts, sweaters, jeans, clogs. Oh how I live in the WRONG place. Shawn and I joke we need to move to Seattle or somewhere where its dark. Really I think the only reason we don't is my family is here. In the deep, sweaty, HOT, humid, SUNNY south.

7 comments:

sweetb said...

There is something wrong with you, you freaky Wednesday Addams! I love snow too BUT IT NEVER SNOWS HERE!!

sweetb said...

It almost seems blaspehemous to me for you to call the sun "yucky"

:(

KELLI MC said...

Keelin just said today that she hates the sun and Shawn said he did too then he said "no I like the sun, but only when it's behind a really thick layer of clouds!"

Erin said...

If they are the Adams Family, then we are the Munsters. I totally agree with you, Kelli! Except, I love Hawaii, but I think that's different.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

You guys are cracking me up! The Addams Family, The Munsters...what is your family name B? I'm thinkin you're country cousins here in KS are "The Beverly Hillbilies!!!!!"

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you are liking Twilight! They really are amazing and you have to hear the recommendation from a person you trust or you don't give them a chance. ("Vampires in high school? Please!") Hey, maybe you're part vampire and that's why you hate the sun! Just a thought... :)

btw, I totally agree about 6 year olds in hoochie clothes. I always have to look at the mom to see what kind of woman thinks that's a good idea and then I think "You'll be sorry when she's a teenager!"

KELLI MC said...

reading the twilight series i am like where is Forks i need to move there pronto seems like heaven to me