Sunday, August 3, 2008

next to the last summer weekend

Keelin starts back to school Aug 11 which is only a week away. This weekend was the tax free weekend so we decided we were going to get all out school stuff. Keelin had to get her new uniforms which are soooooo cute I love the plaid jumpers with the little white blouse and socks and mary janes. Keelin was bouncing off the walls. She loves school and is sooo excited to start back and loves getting new school stuff. She loves her new uniforms. I can't wait to post a picture of her in her new jumper. She had to pick out a new book bag and lunch box. It was kind of difficult. Her school does not allow you to have book bags or lunch boxes that have anything that has to do with rock,rap,country music, hollywood, or anything to do with the counter culture of today. There words not mine. I have to say I was perplexed as to what the counter culture would be. Does that include Hello Kitty? My Little Pony? I was lost and almost all the choices were Hannah Montana, High School Muscial, Hello Kitty, Little Pets, Disney stuff. I didnt know what was Hollywood or counter culture I was so confused. So we opted for pink polka dots. And a butterfly lunch box. Hopefully those things are ok???????? Its hard to explain that to a 6 year old. But we are very excited about her new school. Our parent student orientation is this Wednesday so that will be neat to get to meet the other kids and teachers.
Kinsey has had a weird rash since last tuesday. I took her to the Dr and she said it is a virus and in little kids it can come out in a rash. Well let me tell you its insane the poor baby looks awful. She is not contagious so there is no reason to keep her home. But like yesterday this woman said to her kids DONT TOUCH THAT BABY. And not in a nice or quiet way. I got looks all weekend like I was doing something wrong by having her out or the stares at the baby. I swear this poor baby. She is so pretty and she has had one weird thing after the other. Since she was 8 weeks old. Thats when we discovered her strawberry or Hemangioma on the top of her head. Totally not as big deal and they go away by the time they are 2 but when you are fair skinned with no hair and you have a flaming red large knot on the top of your head people stare, point and come right up and ask you if you dropped the baby on her head!!! I have gotten that one more times than I can count. Then she has had rash after rash and skin irritation adn allergic reactions its crazy. Keelin was kinda like this with the rashes and then she eventually grew out of it. But this current rash is awful. She has it from Head to toe. kinsey I have been assured will grow out of the rashes like keelin did but Lord poor babies. Well I thought I would vent about it for a second. None of this is a big deal. I am very thankful that she is a healthy happy baby and I am not a mother dealing with a life threatening disease or accident so rashes no biggie just irritating(hahaaaa) .
Today was fun Dad called and invited us out to lunch. Shawn had mowed our lawn and was getting ready to head over to there house to mow theirs and Dad called and said tell him to get in the shower we are going out to luch. Big treat because we dont do that very often. We went to a place that is at the local private airport. so one side of the place is all glass and it sits right on the runway. So the kids loved it. they got to watch the planes take off and land. Then Keelin shawn and dad all went swimming. When we got home Kinsey was sacked out and Keelin wanted to lay in bed and watch a movie so me and Shawn got to lay on the couch and watch tv together. Very nice. We get so wrapped up with life and the kids we never get to do that. Well I am off to plan this week because I need to instate a schedule to get us on track for school!

1 comment:

sweetb said...

Alright- we are having a good week!!! And I started my blog