Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ok so we have had a weird thing happen to us Yesterday. I left the house at 2:15 to pick Keelin up from school. I was on my way home and got to my street and remembered that I forgot to go the post office and I was about to turn around but then I decided to just go on home. I was pulling up to my mailbox when Keelin started yelling "MOMMY FIRE!!!" I look at the house and there were 6-7 foot flames coming off the corner of my house and fire spreading across the grass. I could barely dial 911. The got there and it took them about 30 minutes to put the fire out. We have a little damage but crazy enough not that much! The firemen said they thought the whole house was on fire when they pulled up because of all the flames and smoke. Thankfully it stayed outside. We do have smoke damage in out bedroom. When I went through the house with the firemen we thought my room was on fire because when we walked in you couldn't even see the furniture there was so much smoke. So right now we are living in what smells like a campsite!!! You could look at it that we have pretty bad luck but I am looking at it that we have great luck because nobody was hurt and we escaped without much damage. They don't know what started the fire. I am now missing all my bushes on the side of my house and the front corner and the siding at the top of the brick started to melt but oh well!!! The fire also burnt up the phone and cable lines to the house. Those were fixed this evening(thank goodness) . So I am happy but a little scared after all that. Its just not something you expect to see. I love coming home and I always feel that my bedroom is such a nice relaxing comfy place and that was somewhat spoiled. But what can you do?? Keelin thought it was all very exciting!

2 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Thank the Good Lord you guys were not at home and that it's minimal damage. WOW. Glad you guys are safe!

p.s. Tell Shamra she is still in my prayers and Hello!

Natalie said...

I agree! What a blessing that you decided to just go home instead! I'd consider that a miraculous event. So glad you are all ok.