Thursday, January 15, 2009

My grandmother's things

Tonight I was looking through my grandmother's recipe box. I have looked through it so many times and I love all the recipes. Some she cut out of magazines and taped them to an index card and then would comment on the recipe. Others are her handwriting which is very cool and then there are some she has written and then put whose recipe it originally was. I love having this little piece of my grandmother. When she died I was single and living the single life and moving around and whatever. I got to pick a few things of hers to keep. I am soooooo glad I was not an idiot and was able to keep up with them. I have to say they are probably some of my favorite things I have. The recipe box of course is a favorite but I think my all time favorite is this little wall hanging in the bathroom of a little boy getting in the tub with his frog. I remember being little and when I would visit my grandparents and have to go to the bathroom I would stare at that thing, I loved it. And now it's in my bathroom. I think it's awesome. I got a couple of towels-pink ones of course and I use them all the time. I love them. I also got some doilies. Right now I am not using them. When I was single I had them on my dresser but now when laundry and little hands I feel better packing them away till the girls are bigger. Oh and another item that I adore is my little chickens. I collect chickens for my kitchen and my grandmother had a collection as well. I got these tiny little chickens. They are soooo cute. I know there are some things I am forgetting There are some things I packed away for awhile so they will not get broken. HMMM I will have to think about it and post more later. So this week has been slightly exhausting. School started this week and It has been insane. I will have to elaborate later. Let me just say this- It should no longer be luck of the irish---it should be luck of Kelli. Ugh you know- you step in poop and you say well at least I wasnt bare foot. Thats luck of the irish. anyway more later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks i enjoy reading you're article about your grandmother!!thanks and more power!
busby seo test

Ranch wife said...

I enjoyed this post. My Grandmother was more a mother to me than Grandmother. I miss her so much. I too have a few handwritten recipes I treasure them. And I was blessed to have a few of her things, as well. Thanks for the memories.

~M~