Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I have gone Christmas Crazy!!!!!!!!




I love Christmas. I always have. This year Christmas time has been really great. Crazy as that is because of Shawn's layoff and all but it's been great. I think alot of it has to do with Shawn. He has fully thrown himself into Christmas for the first time. He is with me on all the cheezy stuff I want to do, all the cheezy Christmas movies I want to watch, driving around looking at people's Christmas lights, help me decorate the house WHILE watching cheezy movies, put Christmas lights all over the outside of the house and all of this with a fantastic cheery attitude! He said he realizes it's all about the kids and making really great family memories for them, yes he actually said that. And he actually said he is really enjoying it for the first time and can't figure out why he has been such a pain in the butt in the past. Woo hoo for me. I guess if I get a warm and fuzzy family in exchange for a layoff well I guess we will just figure it out and deal. It's funny usually when i am worried about money I am twisted in knots. For the most part I am happy!?!? Weird. Anyway since my husband is so on board with EVERYTHING I am getting more things done this year. Like I already said we have watched Christmas movies just about every night and we have driven around looking at people's lights, gone to Life's Nights of Lights, I have had the Christmas stuff up since the day after Thanksgiving(didn't happen last year), Listened to Christmas music every time we get in the car, actually let me take 20 or more pictures of us trying to get a somewhat normal one for Christmas cards and NO ONE complained!, me and Keelin made a gingerbread house, and tonight we baked cookies. Tomorrow we are making Christmas candy. I don't know guess I have gone Christmas crazy! but I like it!!!!!

2 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Bummer...I didn't know Shawn was laid off work...but YEA for the Christmas Spirit! Oh what fun, enjoy it, the girls will always love it, my boys are getting big enough they think I'm nuts, the Christmas music, movies, decorations...they think I've gone Overboard!!!

Sloane said...

Love it, love it. I love christmas too! And I promise to call you soon. I want to see you!
Sloane