Saturday, February 7, 2009

my doggies are gone and i don't think they are coming back

my doggies are gone and I don't think they are coming back. I am very sad and I miss them terribly. They say outside only but I guess I have become dependant on them always being there with their smiling faces (yes dogs smile). The are the best watch dogs. A few years ago we just had Jessie and shawn was working 2nd shift. Keelin was in the living room alone and I was in the bedroom packing for our trip to the beach. Keelin started screaming and Jessie was going nuts. I ran in the living room and Keelin was freaking out saying that a man was looking at her through the window. I asked her what he looked like she said black mask that was on his whole head and a brown coat she said it looked like his eyes were popping out and he had black hands but no gloves on-(I would say he was probably black) she said she was face to face with him in the window above our love seat. I wasn't sure if I believed her because she was 4 and she was dramatic but Jessie was going crazy like she was going to eat someone. I left for the beach and the next day my neighbor was attacked, kidnapped and raped by a black man in a mask. My neighbor did escape and the man kidnapped and killed another lady a few miles down the road then thankfully a good citizen shot and killed him. So crazy. I feel bad for not believing Keelin but She was little and I didn't see anybody. But still to this day she can tell you exact detail and they have never changed. Jessie makes me feel safe. They are so good with the kids. I just feel like I will never have dogs as good as them. I drove around for hours yesterday and Shawn did too. I am very sad. Shawn woke up yesterday morning at 4 am for work and when he went outside the gate was standing open and the dogs were gone.

Keelin is sad too. Even Kinsey pointed at the yard and said Dog?dog?dog? cause they always run to the gate to lick her hands when she is outside and she laughs and laughs. I guess we will have to get new dogs. I just dont want to. I just dont feel safe without them.

This is a picture of Jessie when we first got Thora.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so sad! I'm sorry

Ranch wife said...

Oh I am so sorry. We have dogs, and dogs and more dogs. 6 I think, sometimes I forget. But...I do feel safer with them around. When my oldest son moved out last fall he left his 70 pound doberman. He sleeps in the house, his name is Rambo, he will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end when he barks and growls.....but....he is a lamb. They are great dogs, he loves kids, and is kind to the other dogs, hates cats. But he is impressive, and I sure don't tell strangers when they drive up that he is good nature d. But I honestly believe that if he ever felt we were threatened he would come unhinged.

I hope you find them...maybe the pound?

~M~

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh no....but So glad you found them. Lookin forward to readin this next post from ya!